State a hypothesisbased on your understanding of the expected relationship of that variable to the dependent variable.To preparefor this second Final Project assignment, it is suggested that you review pertinent information presented in previous weeks of this course
To preparefor this second Final Project assignment, it is suggested that you review pertinent information presented in previous weeks of this course (e.g., topics related to hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics, and measure of central tendency).??To completethe assignment, use the saved version of theVirginiaHospitals_2001-2005database tocreate a new worksheetby copying and pasting the variables listed below.??Next,run a multiple regression modelusing 2005 data that hasTotal operating expense_05as the dependent variable and the following variables as independent predictors:
• Staffed beds_05
• Medicare Days_05
• Medicaid Days_05
• Total Surgeries_05
• RN FTE_05
• System Membership
• Teaching Affiliation
• Age 65+
• Crime Rate
Then,write a 2- to 3-page paperin which you:
• Specify the modelin terms of a regression equation.
• For each predictor variable,state a hypothesisbased on your understanding of the expected relationship of that variable to the dependent variable andprovide your rationalefor the stated hypothesis.
• Report summary descriptive statisticsfor each of the variables in your model (mean or percentage, and standard deviation).
• Report the coefficient and the sign(plus [+] or minus [–]) for each variable andthe statistical significanceof each variable (level of significance or nonsignificance), as well asthe R-squarefor the model.
• Interpret the findings and explain what they would meanto a health care professional working in a hospital setting.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to theEssential Guide to APA Style for Walden Studentsto ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.