A 35-year-old male, Mr. NX, presents to your clinic today with complaints of back pain and “just not feeling good.” Regarding his back, he states that his back pain is a chronic condition that he has suffered with for about the last 10 years. He has not suffered any specific injury to his back. He denies weakness of the lower extremities, denies bowel or bladder changes or dysfunction, and denies radiation of pain to the lower extremities and no numbness or tingling of the lower extremities. He describes the pain as a constant dull ache and tightness across the low back.
He states he started a workout program about 3 weeks ago. He states he is working out with a friend who is a body builder. He states his friend suggested taking Creatine to help build muscle and Coenzyme Q10 as an antioxidant so he started those medications at the same time he began working out. He states he also takes Kava Kava for his anxiety and garlic to help lower his blood pressure.
His historical diagnoses, currently under control, are:
Type II diabetes since age 27
High blood pressure
His prescribed medications include:
Glyburide 3 mg daily with breakfast
Lisinopril 20 mg daily
Coumadin 5 mg daily
- Present this Assignment as a PowerPoint presentation with at least 10 slides
- Be sure to complete the assignment as the NP treating this family, not as a third party.
- You will use the Narrative notes section of the presentation to include the majority of your evidentiary support of your treatment choices and education of family complete with in-text citations using APA formatting, remember if you use photos from outside sources, they must be cited below within the Power Point.
Due by Day 7 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spellingand grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English(correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format