Professional Paper Worksheet Guidelines
Thepurposeofthisassignment istoallowthe learnertodemonstrate good organization, appropriate resources, and correct APA formatting for preparing a professional paper.
Thisassignmentenables thestudent tomeet thefollowingcourseoutcomes.
CO #3.Demonstrateeffective verbal,written,andtechnological communicationusing legal and ethical standardsfortransferringknowledge using success resources provided to Chamberlain students.(PO#3)
CO #4. Integratecriticalthinking andjudgment in professional decision-makingin collaboration withfacultyandpeers. (PO#4)
CO #5. Apply concepts of professionalismwhen planning for personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO#5)
CO #9.Demonstrate accountability forpersonal andprofessional developmentbyassessing information and technology competence,implementing plansforupgrading technologyskills, and using effective strategiesforonline student success using resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO#5)
Submit the assignment to theWeek3Dropboxby Sunday,11:59p.m.MT.
This assignment is worth a total of125points.
PREPARING THE Professional Paper Worksheet
1. Carefully read thisdocument (Professional Paper WorksheetGuidelines),includingtheRubric.
2. Download theProfessional Paper WorksheetTemplate from Doc Sharing.Renamethat document asYour Last NameProfessional Paper Worksheet.docx, for exampleSmith Professional Paper Worksheet. Save itto yourown computerordrive in a location where you will be able toretrieve itlater.
3. Type yourassignment directlyonthe saved template.Remember that onlyMicrosoftWord 2010oralater version is acceptable.The document mustbesaved as a.docx.Save frequentlyto preventlossofyourwork.
4. Recall the Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competency that you selected for your Professional Paper Topic in the Week 1 Time Management Plan assignment.
5. Locate pages in your Hood textbook that correspond to your paper topic. HINT: Begin with the syllabus.
6. From the Syllabus, locate the week that your topic is presented. Go to the Assignments page for that week. Click on the link to the assigned article for your paper topic. Read the article. NOTE: You must use the article assigned based on your topic.
7. Create a reference in APA format for the article assigned.
8. Select a 10–25-word quotation from that article that you plan to use in yourProfessional Paper. Do not select words or ideas that the author(s) attributes to another source. Provide the quotation and citation in correct APA format.
9. Paraphrase the passage that you previously quoted. Provide your paraphrased wording and citation in correct APA format.
10. Prepare a detailed outline for your Professional Paper as indicated on the Template (specific topics only, complete sentences not needed). NOTE:The Professional Paper will contain 500–600 words of content.
11. Double check your answers with the rubric prior to submission.
12. When yourassignment iscomplete, save and close thecompletedProfessional Paper WorksheetTemplate.Login tothecourseand submit thecompleted templateasanattachmenttotheWeek 3Dropbox.See theWeek3 Assignments pageforstep-by-step instructionsonhowto usethe Dropbox.
Professional Paper WorksheetTemplate
Student Name: Date:
1. Carefully read the Professional Paper Worksheet Guidelines found in Doc Sharing. This provides specific details on how to complete this assignment.
2. Rename this document by clicking Save As. Change the file name so it reads Your Last Name Professional Paper Worksheet.docx. For example, if your last name is Smith, type Smith Professional Paper Worksheet.docx.
3. Save the document as a .docx file in Microsoft Word 2010 or later.
4. Type your name and date at the top of this template.
5. Type your answers directly on the template. Follow all instructions on this Template and the Guidelines document (including the Rubric). Save frequently to prevent loss of your work.
6. Submit to the Dropbox by the end of Week 3, Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT.
7. Post questions about this assignment to the Q& A Forum so your classmates can read the advice, too. You may also e-mail questions to your instructor.
Item Instructions Type your answers below
Approved Paper Topic (from Week 1 Assignment):
Clearly state the Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competency topic that was approved as your topic in Week 1 Time Management Plan Assignment.
Page numbers in Hood textbook on your topic:
Clearly state page numbers in Hood textbook that correspond to the selected topic.
Reference for Journal Article:
Create a reference for the assigned article using correct APA format including: authors, year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, line spacing, and hanging indent.
Quotation with Citation:
Type a quotation (10–25 words) from the assigned article using correct APA citation including quotation marks, authors’ names, year, page numbers, and parentheses. Do not use words or ideas the authors cited from another source.
Paraphrased Area and Citation:
Type appropriately paraphrased version of the words quoted in the section above using correct APA citation including authors’ names, year, and parentheses. Do not use words or ideas that the authors cited from another source.
Professional Paper Outline:
Develop outline for professional paper including introduction, 2 main topics, and conclusion (all with excellent subtopics as required on Template). Excellent specifics used.