Explain the role of the PHN in meeting these needs. Support your ideas with at least one article from a peer reviewed nursing journal.
Disaster Preparedness Assignment
writer please follow what I wrote next to ##writer##. Please see below. Thanks
1. Select a vulnerable population in your community (this could be the population at an elementary school, population at a homeless shelter, residents at a long-term care facility, etc.). Describe the population and explain why you have chosen it. Explain its location in the community and the community at large.
##writer## The vulnerable population I chose is people who have dementia and living at home in Concord, MA.
2. Describe the special needs of the group in the event of a disaster
##writer## Please use this pdf “Disaster Preparedness for Persons with Dementia: Lessons from 9/11, Katrina & Sandy”
People with dementia are especially vulnerable to chaos and emotional trauma.
•They have a limited ability to understand (depending on stage of illness)
•They may ask repeatedly about the situation.
•Inform others of the PWD’s condition
–Cognitive, mobility and sensory changes will affect the ability of the person with dementia to cooperate and to understand what is happening.
3. Identify the resources in your community to meets this group’s needs.
##writer## One resource is the Concord Emergency Management Agency (http://concordma.gov/pages/CEMA)
4. Identify the gaps in service between the needs and the resources.
##writer## One major gap is that there are not shelters that the community can benefit from in case of emergency. Stow, MA has a detailed paper showing where to go. It is called the Stow’s Shelter plan
5. Explain the role of the PHN in meeting these needs. Support your ideas with at least one article from a peer reviewed nursing journal.
##writer## (please see attached journals)