Evaluate leadership & management functions in the delivery of quality healthcare
Choosing your scenario:
You are to select a scenario from your practice within the last 12 months, ideally a scenario that you have observed, so you
can look at what happened, comment on professional issues observed and then analyse the professional issues. In order
to help you select a scenario that will meet the module learning outcomes you should ensure that:
• The scenario provides the potential to identify issues relating to leadership & management
• The scenario provides the potential to discuss MDT/Team work
• The scenario must not be of a purely ethical nature
• Avoid a scenario that relates to onetoone
• Ideally you will consider the bigger picture and not how you were affected.
• Your scenario can be either a positive or a negative experience.
• This is a nonjudgemental
piece of work, you should purely analyse what you observed and should not apportion blame.
Your work should reflect an understanding of the module learning outcomes:
1. Explore, analyse and evaluate the nature, organisation and dynamics of professional practice within health and social
2. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the challenges facing health and social care services in meeting the changing
demands of the public.
3. Evaluate leadership & management functions in the delivery of quality healthcare.
4. Analyse the implications of working within multidisciplinary teams whilst maintaining equitable and antidiscriminatory
5. Evaluate their personal development of a critical stance in examining the nature of professional practice within the
context of contemporary health and social care.
6. Evaluate the skills and qualities needed for autonomous practice.
Introduction (approx. 150 words) – the introduction tells the reader what the essay is about. Tell the reader what you are
going to cover in both part one and two. Some people write the introduction on completion of their essay.
Part One (2500 words +/10%)