Demonstrate the ability to critically review a prepared position statement, analysing its content from both a theoretical and clinical perspective.
Advances in Health informatics and telemedicine are providing greater access to healthcare resources
Demonstrate the ability to critically review a prepared position statement, analysing its content from
both a theoretical and clinical perspective.
Using the following framework will help in providing a structured critique of the position statement
Framework (guide only)
1. Is the position statement structured? Does it have an introduction and a conclusion
that clearly states the position?
2. Does the position statement relate to the topic?
3. Does the position statement demonstrate adequately the links to the National Competency Standards
for Registered Nurse?
4. Are the references used to support the position statement current and credible (i.e. evidence), why
or why not?
5. Do you think the author eliminated any important information (i.e. evidence) in
stating their position? If so, please refer to these evidence sources in your critique.
6. Remember when giving feedback it must be constructive regardless of whether it is
positive or negative feedback.
Remember that the critique will be assessed against the criterion referenced rubric:
Interpretation: Extensively critiques the content and Insightfully analyses the position taken.
Identifies inconsistences (if any) in the position statement
Analysis & Evaluation: Thoroughly analyses assumptions in relation to NMBA competencies for clinical
practice, discriminates rationally using reasonable judgment, provides extensive information in support
of position or offers alternative view
Evidence: Provides extensive evidence in support of the position statement or provides clarifying
evidence if required in support of alternative views. All evidence is from credible sources
Referencing: Accurate use of APA referencing style in all instances. A range of in-text citations has