This assignment involves finding an issue you have encountered in practice – this could be your
clinical practice or nursing related work if you are employed in healthcare. Identify and reflect on the
issue. Conduct a search for literature related to this issue and provide a brief overview of the
evidence. Please be creative in identifying issues related to where you would like to work in the
future – you may have also witnessed or experienced something during your clinical placements that
you feel could be done better. This is your chance to prove that this is the case.
Some examples may include:
• Mental health: Nurses roles in seclusion reduction.
• Medical settings: How can we recognise delirium better?
• Community nursing: What are the risks in community visiting?
• Surgical settings: Is post-operative pain assessment by nurses effective?
Introduce your paper and provide some objectives. Define the issue you will be discussing. Make
sure you provide a search strategy – as discussed in lectures, searches need to be repeatable and
believable! Describe the evidence you have found. It may be better to do this in themes to make the
structure of your paper stronger. Finally, provide a discussion/conclusion that draws this evidence
together to support change in the issue you have identified.
References must be in APA 6th edition. Be sure to provide strong evidence to inform your arguments.
Assignment Feedback Sheet
Assignment task two
Word limit: 2000 words
Assessment value: 50%
Due: Week 11 (by Sunday, October 7 at 2359)
• Provides an introduction with introduction to the issue, key
literature to define the issue and stated aims of the paper
Definition of identified issue
• Provides a clear definition of the issue identified with
reflection and clear relevance to practice
Overview of literature supporting issue
• Good selection of literature that supports change in the
• Primary research critiqued, strengths and weaknesses of
the literature applied to argument
• Referenced correctly
• Discussion relates literature to issue
• Strong argument for change provided with support from
• Conclusion summarises paper 5
TOTAL MARK POSSIBLE 50
LESS (marks to be deducted, overall maximum 2.0)
Presentation – headings and pagination (-0.5)
In text referencing style (-0.5)
End text referencing style (-0.5)
Marks deducted for late submission at 10% per working day
No extensions given beyond one week