Write a report focused on a particular industry context and sector. Demonstrate an understanding of ethical, global and sustainable issues within the hospitality industry;
Students are to write a report focused on a particular industry context and sector.
This report is to show students’ abilities in researching and investigating key issues that need to be considered when
planning to open a hospitality food and beverage operation. Students are to be able to prioritise information and formulate
arguments whilst retaining the context of the paper.
2. The learning outcomes being assessed
1. Demonstrate an understanding of ethical, global and sustainable issues within the hospitality industry;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of law within hospitality operations;
5. Demonstrate the reflective skills and understanding necessary for independent learning and selfdevelopment.
6. Demonstrate the ability to communicate key ideas and concepts in an effective, professional manner 7 The report will be
focused on a particular industry context and sector. These will be issued to students in week 19. They may include sectors
such as Gastro Pubs, London Restaurants, 3* hotels, City based contract catering clients. This is listing is not exhaustive.
(ATTENTION: MINE IS CITY CENTER RESTAURANT IN LODNON UK)
Grades are awarded as much for the content and scope of research, as they are for presentation, writing and following
processes and procedures expected at this level. For example a paper with fewer than 6 references is highly unlikely to
pass. Please do use the generic assessment criteria for guidance. The tutor is using it to mark the paper.
Caterer and hotelkeeper
Food service management
International journal of hospitality management
International journal of contemporary hospitality management
Journal of foodservice business research