What type of changes in policy do you think are necessary? Do you think these changes can happen and, if so, how? If not, why?
The Community Site is Oak Park River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois
Part One (50 points): Please fully answer the following three reflection questions based on your experience with your community health clinical site. Integrate your experience with course content and readings, and use APA format (no title page is necessary). Grades will be based on the following:
• Address each component of the questions (40 points)
• Cite at least 2 evidence based references (5 points)
• Graduate level writing (APA format and style, integration of course content, professional and engaging writing) (5 points)
1. What policy issues (local, state, federal) most greatly affect your community site?
a. How does it affect the site itself?
b. How does it affect the clients at the site?
c. What type of changes in policy do you think are necessary? Do you think these changes can happen and, if so, how? If not, why?
2. What do you believe is the greatest health education need in your population at your community site?
a. Why is this unique or not unique to your community?
b. What would be necessary to improve or create health education to address this need in the community?
c. What could you do to address this need?
3. What have you learned about your community partner site and health disparities?
a. What prevention services that, if available, would improve the health of the population served by your community organization?
b. Would the clients be likely or unlikely to take advantage of these services? (why or why not?)
c. What influences someone to take advantage of health services or not take advantage of health services?