Drotos Engineering Cloud Solution Proposal
Includes: Current Network Evironment Visio Diagram
Includes: Proposed Cloud-based Network Environment
Includes: 4-page Summary
Read the Drotos Engineering Cloud Migration Project Overview.
Imagine you are the only IT employee at Drotos Engineering. After discussing the company needs with the company owner, referred to as Senior, you recommended the company transition to a cloud-based IT management solution. Senior directed you to create a high-level overview of what it would take to migrate the company’s internal, private network to a cloud-based solution.
Create the following materials to review with Senior:
• A diagram of the current network environment
• A diagram of the proposed cloud-based network environment with annotations of
what is new or changed from the current environment
• A 3- to 4-page summary that includes:
• A rationale for transitioning from the traditional network environment to a cloud-based
environment (i.e., how the cloud-based solution is better than trying to modify and
adapt the current network to meet the business needs)
• The identification of new or different hardware requirements to support the cloud-
• A listing of the high-level steps to implement the recommended cloud-based solution
• A listing of additional considerations or information needed to create a more thorough
• A final opinion as to whether the proposal will address all of the business’s needs or whether additional modifications or solutions will eventually be needed
Create your diagrams in Microsoft® Visio® and write your summary in Microsoft® Word.
Note: You will use the proposed cloud-based network diagram in the Week 2 individual assignment, Drotos Engineering: Security Considerations.
Compress your files into a ZIP file.
Submit your assignment.
You are the sole IT employee for Drotos Engineering, a 20-person, privately owned engineering consulting company. The company has a single location. It is growing and is expecting to hire 8 to 10 employees in the next year and use additional engineering consultants on an as-needed basis. The company owner, Drotos Sr. (referred to as Senior) is planning to allow employees to work remotely rather than expand office space.
Senior wants you to review the company’s IT network, hardware, and software capabilities and determine what is needed to meet the following organization goals:
· Employees can access files and software locally and remotely.
· Employee and workload growth is supported by IT systems.
· The software applications and storage are scalable as employee numbers increase.
· Employee growth does not negatively affect response time of software applications.
· Maximize IT operational efficiency (IT isn’t getting one of the new hires).
· Systems and client information are secure.
· Business can continue even if the office or network is compromised.
· Network design and processes are documented to enable maintenance and troubleshooting, even in the IT manager’s absence.
Current Network and Software Description
The company currently has a private non-cloud IT network.
The application is housed on a single server, with no redundancy and limited network attached storage. The system is behind dual firewalls and does not have remote access or backup functionality.
The company employees use enterprise-wide versions of Microsoft® Office® applications and desktop versions of engineering specialty applications. Many of the specialty licenses are about to expire and the Microsoft® Office® package is several versions old.