Identify one of the health issues, define it and use appropriate statistics to contextualise the extent of the problem or prevalence of the condition in the UK.
Health in Society
1. Identify one of the health issues, define it and use appropriate statistics to contextualise the
extent of the problem or prevalence of the condition in the UK.
2. Choose 2 issues from the following; diversity, culture, environment, physiology, psychology, socio
economics, to explore how the chosen lifestyle issue/condition may impact on the health of an
individual(only choose 2 issues to discuss).
3. Identify a current health promotion strategy/policy to prevent illness and improve quality of life
for individuals and society in relation to the chosen health issue.
4. Discuss the difference in emphasis within the role of the nurse applied in the 3 other fields of
nursing (that you are NOT currently studying) in assisting an individual to improve their quality of life
through promoting health and recovery (in relation with the chosen health issue).Briefly identify other
members of the inter-professional team who may have input into the care.
You need to discuss the role of the nurse in the 3 other fields of nursing that you are NOT currently
studying (see below).
Field of Nursing you are studying Fields you need to discuss in assignment
Mental Health Child, Adult and Learning Disability Nursing Fields
Adult Child, Mental Health and Learning Disability Fields
Learning Disability Child, Adult and Mental Health Nursing Fields
Child Mental Health, Adult and Learning Disability Nursing Fields
The Assignment should include:
1. Begin your work with a clear introduction outlining the content of the assignment (what you have
been asked to do). Then give a brief overview of the chosen health issueincluding a definition and/or
statistical information supported by an appropriate reference(s).