Identify and define your major concept (THIS IS PREVENTION AS IT RELATES TO METABOLIC SYNDROME IN PATIENTS ON SECOND GENERATION ANTIPSYCHOTICS.
a. Is the concept concrete or abstract? Explain
2. Significance of the concept for specific practice population/area of inquiry 10%
a. When does the concept occur?
b. Are there antecedents to the concept occurring?
c. How does this concept affect the health of your practice population?
d. How does this concept affect the environment of your practice population?
3. Origin of the concept 10%
a. Discuss the etymology of the concept.
4. Preliminary definition (May be an initial dictionary definition) 5%
5. Closely related terms and differentiation of those terms 10%
a. Identify terms that may be closely associated or used interchangeably
with your concept (e.g., dyspnea, breathlessness, gasping, breathing difficulty).
b. Briefly explain why your concept should be used with your specific topic,
instead of one of the closely associated terms identified in 5a.
6. Select a quantitative or qualitative research article in which your concept has been investigated. 10%
a. Provide a brief summary describing the aim of the research study.(SEE ATTACHED PROJECT PAPER TO ASSIST IN THE AIM)
b. How was the concept defined in the research article?
c. How was the concept discussed in the article’s introduction?
Describe how the significance/importance of the concept was discussed
in relation to the patient, nursing, health and environment.
7. Considering your preliminary definition in #4 and readings related to your concept, briefly describe how your conceptual definition has changed or evolved as related to your topic of interest. State the revised definition, if different from the preliminary. If unchanged, state
so and explain. 10%
8. Describe the problem related to your topic of interest. Write a searchable, answerable question that reflects the major concepts and relationships depicted in your Concep