Examine the actions of health care workers in response to the health concerns of key characters within this episode.
Access The Neighborhood website using the link on the student website.
Resource Community Emergency Grading Criteria
Read all of the community resources and character scenarios in Episode 5 of Season 2.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper about community emergency preparedness and response.
Include the following in the paper:
• Summarize the events which took place during Episode 5. Focus on the following areas of the Neighborhood:
o Senior center
o Bley household
• Examine the actions of health care workers in response to the health concerns of key characters within this episode.
o What was the role did the public health care teams in the Neighborhood play in their emergency preparedness?
o Which nurses initially responded to the emergency? What were their roles?
o What other types of nurses should monitor the effects of this emergency on community health?
• Identify other types of public health agencies (local, state, and national) that could have participated in the response to this type of emergency. How could they have assisted with the Neighborhood hospital’s situation?
• Identify how public health care teams can enhance the citizens’ preparedness for community emergencies. How could the public health care teams in the Neighborhood have assisted the Bley household?
• Offer suggestions to enhance personal preparedness for this type of emergency and similar community emergencies.
Cite all research sources consistent with APA guidelines.
Season 5 review
News – wild fires are in the local area and are causing issue with containing them. So far no one has been evacuated but the hospital and towns people have seen an increase in respritory issues due to the quality of pollution from the fire in the air.