Clearly prioritize the most significant changes in relation to maintaining independent self care living.
Nursing (Aged Care)
• Report for a magazine
• Length: 2000
• NRS221 Assessment 1: Writing a report to promote the health, safety and independence of an older
• Choose one of the following case studies to write a report for the Nursing Magazine which is
read by nursing students.
• The theme of this month’s magazine is The experience of ageing in community healthcare.
• The report you will write is to help the readers understand the most important
concepts/principles when nursing older people. The aim is to promoting the health, safety and
independence of older people who live in the community.
• You are required to analyse your chosen case study and apply theories and principles of
communication and ageing. You will provide coverage of relevant age related changes and the
relevant assessments a registered nurse would undertake to keep the older person as independent as
• To enable ease of reading for your magazine readers, it is suggested that you write the report
using the following subheadings:
• 1) Introduction (including a brief introduction to the case study you have selected however do
not include the entire case scenario as the magazine will include this on another page)
• 2) How the person’s experience of ageing relates to social and psychological theories of ageing
• 3) The communication theories that underpin the way you would interact with the person.
• 3) The age-related changes that relate to the person (dot points can be used in this section)
• 4) The assessments a community registered nurse would undertake to keep the person as
independent as possible and the rationale for these (a table format can be used for this section)
• 5) A review of their medication outlining the implications, possible adverse effects and
interactions. (a table format can be used for this section)