Throughout this course you will complete a series of Case Study Applications that will allow you to apply your learning at a deeper, more comprehensive level. The cases will give you the opportunity to practice the skills of an OD practitioner. You will be presented with realistic scenarios that OD practitioners regularly experience in their work. This week, your case study is the Hexadecimal Company (attached). As you read through the case, consider the facts, organizational objectives, policies, strategies, problems, unresolved issues, and roles of the key participants. Also, consider the critical competencies you, as an organizational change practitioner, might apply to this case, as well as any ethical issues that might arise within the organization.
- Read “The Hexadecimal Company” case study located in Chapter 6 of the course text.
- Analyze the case using “The Hexadecimal Company Case Analysis Form” located at the end of the case study.
Submit a 3 page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify the organization’s objectives and policies.
- Describe the organization’s problems and unresolved issues.
- Describe any ethical issues faced by this organization.
- Explain what steps the organization should take to improve.
- Identify the critical competencies that an OD practitioner would need in order to help this organization effectively improve.
- Describe your plan of action if you were the OD practitioner in this situation.
Note: Include the completed “The Hexadecimal Case Analysis Form” with your paper (Attached)