Analyze the historical, ethical, and political contexts of health care policy and the consequences of policy implementation.
Planning Your Visit(Part A)
The purpose of this assignment is to: (a) identify communication strategies that support an effective policy making-presentation/visit(CO #2);(b) deliver a message andmake recommendations (CO #2,3), and (c) communicate ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner. (CO#3)
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
(CO #2) Employ strategies to affect the development, implementation, and consequences of policies at the institutional, local, national, and international levels. (PO 4, 8, 10)
(CO #3) Communicate with policymakers to advocate for effective policies that affect nurses and nursing, consumers, or the health care system. (PO 2,3,10)
(CO #4) Analyze the historical, ethical, and political contexts of health care policy and the consequences of policy implementation. (PO 6, 10)
(CO #5) Advocate for institutional, local, national, and international policies that influence health care and its consumers and nurses and their nursing practice. (PO2,10)
Total Points: 100points
Assignment Criteria for Presentation
1. Introduce your chosen policy issue, the current status, and an overview of your plan for a legislative visit.
2. Articulate key communication strategies involved in your approach to the legislator including plan, message, and recommendations; see Worksheet 2 and again, the focus is on evidence-based communication techniques for effective healthcare policy visit to the legislator.
3. Provide an analysis of empirical evidence of effective communication strategies and techniques to support an effective visit and follow-up to the legislator.
4. Provide specific examples of the impact and/or importance of a successful visit/presentation to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizingthe content.
6. Paper will be 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages, and in APA format 6th edition.
7. Five non-text book references are required as minimum.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply